Floating shelves are a stylish and functional addition to any home. They can be used to display your favourite objects or to store everyday items. But with so many different styles and colours to choose from, it can be challenging to know how to style your floating shelves. In this blog post, we'll explore tips and tricks for styling your floating shelves to create a beautiful and functional display.
- Choose a colour scheme: The first step in styling your floating shelves is to choose a colour scheme. This will help you select objects that complement each other and create a cohesive look. Consider the colours of your walls, furniture, and accessories when choosing your colour scheme.
- Mix and match objects: Floating shelves are a great place to display various objects. For example, you could display a stack of books alongside a vase of flowers and a decorative object. Mix and match different sizes, textures, and shapes to create visual interest.
- Create groupings: Grouping objects together can create a more cohesive and intentional look. Try grouping objects by colour, texture, or theme. For example, you could group all of your metallic objects together on one shelf and all of your natural wood objects together on another shelf.
- Use symmetry: Symmetry is visually pleasing and can create a sense of balance on your floating shelves. Try placing two identical objects on either side of a central object. For example, you could place two candlesticks on either side of a vase of flowers.
- Add greenery: Adding plants to your floating shelves can bring life and freshness to your display. Choose plants that thrive in low light and are easy to care for, such as succulents or pothos.
- Vary heights: Varying the height of objects on your floating shelves can create a sense of depth and dimension. Try placing taller objects at the back and shorter objects at the front.
- Consider negative space: Negative space is the area around objects on your shelves. Leaving some negative space can create a more open and airy feel. Try not to overcrowd your shelves and leave some room for objects to breathe.
In conclusion, styling your floating shelves is all about creating a beautiful and functional display that reflects your personal style. By choosing a colour scheme, mixing and matching objects, creating groupings, using symmetry, adding greenery, varying heights, and considering negative space, you can create a display that is both visually pleasing and practical. So go ahead and have fun styling your floating shelves!